Friday, September 12, 2008

good news/bad news

Well.
First the bad news. Cindy my head teacher has not mellowed out. She did for one day, but then she found out that headquarters wants me to do some editing. Now I'm making mistakes. I'm doing a bad job etc.etc.etc. (these include forgetting to write the journal prompts on the teacher's guide, and having a student not do his journal) They are very petty things. I think I will make sure the boss and headquarters doesn't give me any praise or let her know I'm doing them a favor.

The good news is that I'm not the only one. Apparently Fiona teacher and Anna teacher have both had to deal with this thing too, and they are both pretty fed up. The other good news is that we have a new Korean teacher and she has lasted almost a whole week. I think she will stay. I hope so. The other good news is that headquarters wants me to do some editing. This is really good because my goal is to go there after my contract is up and do writing and editing. And.
This term I don't have a single student I would give up. I really like them all.

Taek kong mu sul class will be cancelled until Wednesday. It is Chusok holiday and everyone is going home to eat good food and be with their family. I will go to Deagu on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I will have to stand the entire trip, but I will get to see JinJu at the end, and her mother is a great cook. I can't wait. It is very much like our Thanksgiving, and I feel really happy that my friend invited me to her home.

At least I have much more good news than bad.
And so it goes.

2 comments:

Chris Lee said...

Hey, Christine, I don't know if you also have Mid-Autumn Festival there. In China, we are gonna have it tomorrow. I want to say Happy Mid-Autumn Day. Good luck.

and so it goes said...

Chris,
E-mail me, please.