Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seoul

I just got back to Incheon from Seoul. I'm tired, but happy. It was an eventful weekend- and that is good.
Saturday, I worked in RT headquarters. We are still revising the textbooks for a pilot class, that I just found out is already started. So the deadlines are tight. But after this month I will be working on creating new material- yeah! And I really like the people at the head office.

Sunday (today) I went back to Seoul and met JinJu's brother. He is really a kind man. His wife and I looked for a new hand bag, and then we all went to lunch. It was a spicy seafood dish, that had shrimp, crab, scallops, and mollusks. Very delish, but also very hot. My face turned a bit red. Then I met SaeMin and we went to the Toastmaster's meeting. It was fun, and I even volunteered to speak for the table topics. I won!! Yeah I rock sometimes. The people were really cool, the toastmaster was from Malaysia, one man was from California but he was born in Taiwan, and two men were from the States, another guy was from Australia, so it was quite the international shin-dig. They invited me to dinner after, but I went to meet Kristen. We talked and ate Mexican food at "On the Border" a chain that was way more expensive than in the States, but it was fun to eat realish Mexican food -- something new since last I was in Korea.

On the way to the PC room there was some kind of event in the neighborhood. Lots of street vendors. I bought three more plants. Soon I shall have a mini jungle in my room.
And so it goes.

No comments: