Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nobody died

I called my friend Jinju, explained the mess with the arm protectors, and asked her to translate for me. She did, but my teacher wasn't very angry. Actually everyone laughed. I think that was almost worse. That night we learned tumbling. I had to do cartwheels. I don't think I'm very good at cartwheels. The next morning I felt like my ribs would implode. Well, at least I get a good workout every night. I really love my class. Every night is a bit different, and I like that. Last night we did kicks mostly. I really am too clumsy and ut of shape for this, but they gave me a yellow belt anyway.
And now I know you can't put foam in the dryer.

At work there is a lot of stress. We had a new Korean teacher for all of two days. Longer than the last one, but still. I know what is wrong, but I can't really say it out loud because of office politics. I'm trying to keep the atmosphere in the office good, but it is getting more and more difficult.

And the speech contest is only one month away. Guess who will not have a free Saturday for the month of September? Go on, just try to guess. It isn't really a contest in the usual sense of the word. It is more of a way to show off our school, and unfortunately many of our students are not quite ready for prime time. But don't worry, I'll get them to at least not make fools of themselves.
And so it goes

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wait, they're making you work during Chuseok?

- http://jindowaygook.wordpress.com/

and so it goes said...

not during Chusok, but the other saturdays. I volunteered

Kelsey said...

I really hope they're paying you something extra otherwise they are just taking you for all you're worth.