Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bad blogger, no cafe latte!

Well, it has been a very busy weekend. I'm sorry I didn't write for a few days.
It wasn't really my fault. I blame it on Seoul

Thursday I had my second Ju jitsu class. My legs feel like jelly that has been through a very slow and sadistic blender. But Thursday night my teacher and one student (who doesn't come everyday) decided to go to Dongdonju. Dongdongju is a rice like beer, that is served in a big bowl, and ladled out to everyone in smaller bowls. It is tasty, and the food that they serve was pretty good. We had a kind of kimchi pancake, a spicy dish with an indeterminate meat, and some fried eggplant. It was fun, but since neither the other student or my teacher speak English, and my Korean is spotty at best, we drank more than talked. We then went to a hof, for beer, and they served a fruit platter. My teacher's friend dropped by, and I got to be a real princess for a night. All three kept feeding me grapes and cherry tomatoes. Ok, they were pretty toasty by then, and so was I, but it was nice. I got home at 5 am.

I had to wake up eventually because at 1pm I had to meet Kristen in Seoul. I was still a bit shaky and very tired, but we went shopping anyway. We mostly drank coffee and talked about our week, and I left a bit earlier than I had planned because I was so tired;I think with good cause. I still enjoyed her company. By the time I got back to Incheon, it was raining (again!) so I just went home and took a rest.

On Saturday I woke up early to take the train to Deagu. It was three and a half hours, but worth it because my friend Jin Ju was there it meet me. She brought her sons, who have grown quite a bit since I last saw them andwe had lunch in Lotte, ( bulgogi and rice with some good vegetable side dishes-) and then her sons decided it was too boring listening to us chatter on, so they went home and we went window shopping downtown and drank coffee in an outdoor cafe and watched the people go by. It was so good to see her, and she looked even better than I remembered. We caught up a bit on our travels, and just got caught up a bit on life. I missed her terribly so when I finally got home (at midnight) I slept really good.

Sunday (today) I called some family and friends, and cleaned the apartment a bit, did some laundry and rested. So I have a bit of an excuse for not writing for a while. I am very happy right now.
And so it goes.

1 comment:

Charles Montgomery said...

ASIG,

My name is Roger Wellor and I’m doing a study of the successes and failures of Korean International Tourism Marketing. I have a brief survey online that I invite you to take. It is designed to be answered by Korean/US bloggers and to give a slight outline of how these cross-cultural thinkers evaluate Korea’s International Marketing.

Your email will not be used for anything other than this survey (in fact it is not a required field in the survey) and if you have any questions, I can be contacted here at rwellor@spunangel.com.

Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=C1BZDkamZB1C03Q_2ftJTkVw_3d_3d

thank you,

Roger…