Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rub a dub dub

Rub a dub dub, a whole lot of Koreans in a tub. I went to Sauna yesterday. It is very wonderful. The men have their side, and women have theirs. I of course go to the women's side. You walk in, and they give you a locker and towel. You put all your clothes in a locker, then go through the double doors into the main sauna rooms. First you take a shower, and soap up well. There are 4 small pools, or large tubs. One is cold water -- I was surprised ice hadn't formed) the other two are warm water, although one has a water jet massage. I almost fell asleep. Then there is the very hot water. I could literally feel all stress wash away. After a while the ahjuma came and she did the scrub. She took two scrubbie mitts and started on my legs and worked her way up my whole body. It took all the dead skin off, and plus you got a bit of a massage. She also put some foul smelling cream on my face, but I didn't mind after I got out because it left my face feeling and looking pretty good.
After the Sauna it is almost impossible to get your muscles to do any kind of complex movement. It is best just to go home and read a book. That is just what I did.
Sunday Sae-min came over and we had some wine and cheese. Not particularly exciting, but pleasant none the less.
It is almost time for testing and evaluation again. I can't believe I've been here two months already.
And so it goes.

No comments: