Friday, August 1, 2008

Just randomness

Meeting another foreigner on the street requires a weird etiquette. On the one hand, you don't want to be the foreigner who freaks out at the sight of another foreigner (the ohmygod, its a westerner, whatamigoingtodo, whatamigoingtodo, oh my god, I want to be the only one--etc.)
then, you don't want to be the other foreigner who freaks out at the sight of another foreigner (oh my god, another westerner, let's be best friends for life, thank god, I can speak English, oh where are you going? canicomewithyou?--etc.) I just make eye contact if possible, nod and smile.

Wednesday night Sae-min, Steve, Fiona and I went to takgalbi to say good-bye. I'll meet her again on Sunday for a Korean lesson.

Yesterday I just spent the day in bed, reading and resting. I did get up to go to the little store downstairs and get some instant noodles. Very unexciting stuff.

Today the wind came to visit, bending trees and playing toss with various papers and posters around. I took a long walk, mostly in the other neighborhoods near mine. I found some cool flower shops, and a great little stationary store, and great little grocery store with some fantastic fruits and vegetables for a very good price. The melon was wonderful!!

And so it goes.

No comments: