Monday, July 14, 2008

All that Jazz

On my morning walk, new flowers bloomed, but still I decided to go off the beaten path a bit. Not really; I don't think any path here is unbeaten. But beside the point. The point is I took a walk beyond my neighborhood and found two posters that almost broke my heart. The first one was for the Incheon Jazz festival. I couldn't figure out where or when, so I'm not sure I'll be able to go. I'm not even sure where exactly the poster is, or even if I can rememberwhere it is, if I can drag a Korean with me to translate. The other poster was for the Incheon Dance Festival. The same situation applies. Sigh. Perhaps next year. On the plus side, I really love living in a city that has a Dance Festival and a Jazz Festival. I wonder what other festivals are out there. To top it off I saw a poster for the Incheon philharmonic. Incheon even has a philharmonic. Wow. I think I did choose correctly.

When I got to work, I tried to get my boss, Mr. Lee to read something for the lesson. The man can't read. So I made up some worksheets with the alphabet, vowels, consonants, and blends for homework. He told the head teacher he didn't want to study anymore. I am going to have to revise my lesson plan again. Regular classes in the school went great, and only 3 students didn't do their homework. I was pretty happy. The snack today was dokbuki. It is a rice-cake smothered in spicy sauce, but it was too spicy even for me. I left work pretty hungry. Fortunately there are tons of street vendors that have a ton of different foods. I choose some fried vegetables (It wasn't that virtuous though, they were breaded beyond recognition, but still pretty tasty)
And so it goes.

No comments: