Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rainy days

Friday night the school went out to eat shabu shabu. But. The shabu shabu place was closed for the night. Surprising here in Korea, where everyone and everything seems to get started late at night. We decided on Takbuki, a chicken in spicy sauce that is cooked at the table. The place is near the school, and near my house, and very very very tasty. I shall have to return.

Today I woke up and it was raining. It was that steady soaking rain, and even the neon palm trees from the night club across the way seemed beaten down by it. I spent the day puttering around the apartment and reading a book. It is science fiction, but written in the early 80's and is somewhat dated for that. Still it kept me occupied because I didn't really want to go anywhere in the rain. I had coffee but no hot chocolate. Rainy days seem better with hot chocolate.

At 3:00 my friend from work, Sae-min came by for cookies and coffee and we talked about travels. She had been to India and Tibet, and did a trek in Nepal. I really enjoyed her stories, and telling mine. It wasn't a very exciting day to tell, but it was a very nice one anyway.

After a while the rain stopped and the sun came out. Sae min left, I came here to blog and will take a walk around. I really don't want to see my apartment for a few hours.
And so it goes.

No comments: